ASSA ABLOY nv is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice describes:
- The types of personal data we collect from you in connection with this website
- How we use that information and why
- Who we share it with and where
- How long we store it for;
- Your rights, including how you can contact us if you have additional questions about theprocessing of your personal data; and
- How we can make changes to this notice.
Click on above links to browse to the relevant part of our Privacy Notice
ASSA ABLOY nv - Company registered in Belgium under the number: 0405.269.760 - Canadalaan 73 8620 Nieuwpoort as "data controller" is responsible for the processing of your personal data.
What personal data do we collect?
We collect and store following data:
- Your first name, last name, company name, country, email and/or telephone number which you submit in order to sign-up for electronic direct marketing, request an expert consultation or other information from us.
- Contact and delivery details and financial information in connection to online orders (a) that are a part of your online account details and (b) in connection to every request for, or purchase of, products on our website
- IP adresses - Your IP-address is logged in when you enter our website. Our Analytics software (Google Analytics) uses this information to map visitor numbers in different regions and how they browse our website. We don't have access to personal data that can identify you and we will never seek to collect this information.
|Why do we process this personal data?
||What is the legal basis for processing?
|To provide you with the information you request via the website.
||Using your personal data in this way is necessary for us to respond to your request.
|To set up and manage your account, for example by sending you password reminders or notifications of changes to your account details.
||Using your personal data in this way is necessary for us to provide you with an online account.
|To fulfil your order where you have made a purchase from this website, to contact you about sales and as a part of our customer relation procedures.
||Using your personal data in this way isnecessary for us to perform our contractual obligations where you have placed an order on this website.
|To carry out statistical analysis about the use ofthe website to better understand how our website is used and make improvements.
||It is in our legitimate interest to look at this information to understand how our website is being used, and to manage and improve it. Since no sensitive personal data will be processed and the processingis limited, we have concluded that our legitimate interest to conduct the analysis and improvements takes precedence over your privacy interest.
|To better understand your interests and preferences, in order to provide you with an experience that is tailored to those interests and preferences, for example through use of behavioural analysis and marketing automation.
||It is in our legitimate interest to look at the preferences that we derive from your browsing behaviour and purchases so that we can personalise your user experience,including marketing materials where this is in line with your marketing choices (see below).
|To send you communications about relevant products or services which may be of interest, in accordance with your marketing preferences.
||Your personal data will only be used to send you marketing materials like newsletters where we have your consent.
|To offer you guided sales tools to assist you with selecting the correct product or service.
||Using your personal data in this way isnecessary for us to respond to your request.
|To list certified partners on our website, in accordance with your merketing preferences
||Is is in our legitimate interest to list certified partners on our website, in accordance with your preferences. We will only list this data with your consent.
|To comply with legal requirements to which we are subject, such as tax or financial reporting requirements.
||Using your personal data in this way is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations.
Who and where is your personal data transferred to
We may transfer your personal data for the purposes set out above:
We may transfer your personal data for the purposes set out above:
- To organizations of the ASSA ABLOY Group, including but not limited to our brands such as ABLOY, Mul-T-Lock or Yale, that market, sell and support our solutions in your country when you sign-up for an expert consultation or request information from us. You can find a full list of ASSA ABLOY Entities here
- To third parties who provide services connected to this website or its functions, but only to the extent necessary to provide these services. You can find a list of relevant third parties here
---> IT (Information Technology) providers who host, develop and offer support for this website
---> Digital Analytics providers who provide us with tools that help us improve your experience on our website
---> Marketing Mailing providers who send out our newsletters for us
- When required by law; and/or
- To a buyer or a potential future buyer of our business.
Some recipients are located in countries outside the EU/European Economic Area (EEA). As in some cases these countries have a lower level of protection than that within the EU/EEA, when transferring personal data to countries outside the EU/EEA we use standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission to ensure a sufficient level of protection for your personal data. These standard contractual clauses can be found at ec.europa.eu.
We take measures to protect all personal data transferred to a third party, or to other countries, in accordance with applicable data protection laws and as stated above.
You are aware that you can always request a copy of these warranties from ASSA ABLOY nv, mail to email@example.com You can find all our contact details in the last point
For how long will we store your personal data?
We store personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the data hasbeen collected, and in accordance with our internal record retention schedule. This means thatwe delete your personal data when such data is no longer necessary to process a request or anorder, or to manage your account or our client relationship. Statistics which have beenanonymised may be saved for longer.
I have the right to (a) revoke my consent, (b) provide information, (c) rectify, (d) cancel, (e) restrict the processing and (f) transfer my data, and (g) handle my data (including profiling, as well as other rights related to automated decision-making) and (h) file a complaint.
I can at any time
- revoke my consent to the processing of my data in relation to the above purposes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org without any justification with effect for the future, without affecting the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation becomes;
- request confirmation of My Data being processed, and if so, I have a right to get information about My Data. The informational information includes, among other things, the processing purposes, categories of personal data being processed, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data has been disclosed or yet to be disclosed. I may have the right to receive a copy of my data that is the subject of the processing;
- promptly request the correction of my data in case of incorrectness. In consideration of the purposes of the processing, I may have the right to request the completion of my data, which are incomplete, including by means of a supplementary statement;
- require My Data to be deleted promptly, the Responsible then being obliged to delete My Data immediately, taking into account the existing retention obligations and rights;
- request the restriction of processing; in such a case, my data will be marked and may only be processed for specific purposes;
- receive my data provided to the Responsible in a structured, common and machine-readable format, and I may have the right to transfer this information to another person without hindrance from the controller to whom My Data has been provided allow;
- for any reason arising out of my particular situation, at any time object to the processing (including profiling) of my data, and the controller may be required to cease processing my data;
- file a complaint with the competent authority, in particular in the EU Member State of my residence, my place of work or the place of the alleged breach of data protection.
I understand that the above rights may not be granted unconditionally and may be limited by applicable law. In order to exercise my rights, I can contact ASSA ABLOY nv as indicated above.
How can we make changes to this Privacy Notice?
We may update this privacy notice from time to time in response to changing legal, regulatory or operational requirements. We will notify you of any such changes (including when they will take effect). Your continued use of the website after any such updates take effect will constitute acceptance of those changes. If you do not accept any updates to this privacy notice, you should stop using this website.